Head of Business Development UK, Ireland & Europe - Consumer Foods
A long established and successful privately owned Consumer Foods business wishes to appoint a Head of Business Development. Through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth the business is currently exporting 85% of its products of which 45% is currently into the UK and the balance across Europe.
The business is positioned for further international expansion through a strategy of product innovation & market development along with continued organic and acquisitive growth. This newly created role will identify new business opportunities to grow sales and develop strategic and sustainable relationships with overseas customers including retailers, food processors, foodservice and wholesalers.
Based in Ireland and reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the appointed candidate will:
- Undertake practical, customer focused research in the market to define and agree the optimal strategic direction for the business in terms of product, channel and market segment mix. This will include the identification and internal agreement of relevant value-added product development and how the Company will be positioned in the market.
- Define and implement the sales strategy and develop relationships with new and existing customers in domestic and overseas markets.
- Develop and manage the relationship with the sales organisation to facilitate delivery of a high performing, margin-focused approach that is best in class and supported by strong commercial governance based process and procedures.
- Build, develop and maintain effective and co-operative strategic relationships and engage with key industry influencers to leverage sales opportunities, while increasing the overall awareness of Company’s capability and consistency of delivery in the marketplace.
- Develop a seamless, customer responsive and integrated business development approach in collaboration with key internal stakeholders within the leadership team.
- Forge successful relationships with all key customers - building credibility and trust; while also acting as the customer’s ambassador within the business.
- Ensure a high-degree of customer and market familiarity through regular contact with customers, business leaders, industry groups and regulatory bodies where appropriate.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Ideally degree qualified with first class commercial skills and at least 5+ years in sales / key account management in a heavily export oriented environment.
- Track record of identifying commercially viable new and value-added market opportunities while delivering sustainable and profitable revenues.
- Leadership qualities to operate at executive level and influence managers and employees responsible for making day to day decisions across the Group.
- Good cultural fit & flexibility to work in an entrepreneurial, privately owned company.
- Used to working in a results-oriented, metric driven environment.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Professional, ambitious, well-motivated with a determined and strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - comfortable making an impact across different cultures.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Capable of making effective decisions in a fast-changing environment.
- Highly visible on site as well as flexible to travel on a regular basis to key markets at short notice on occasions.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, committed individual to become a central contributor to the long-term success of this commercial, industry leading growth-oriented business.
The role will have strong commercial autonomy; with the ability to develop and implement a commercial strategy to deliver challenging but realistic objectives and long term personal value through growth of the existing business and development of new markets & products.
The remuneration package and prospects for advancement will be attractive to reflect the importance of the role to the overall development of the organisation.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 553, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500