Regional VP QSHE, Europe – Food & Beverages
With a Global headcount of 24,000; approximately 5,000 of which are spread over 35+ European manufacturing sites, a significant player in food & beverages wishes to appoint a VP to lead its QSHE function across Europe. The business prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity & business excellence in every area of its operations, striving to enhance its leadership positions across global food & beverage markets.
Due to continued transformational change, the organisation requires an individual who is an inspirational leader with exceptional relationship skills – a leading light who can champion the cause, mobilise the business behind the strategically important QSHE agenda while continuing to win the confidence of customers.
This is a multi-faceted role and the internal and external stake-holder management & buy-in will be key; so it will suit individuals who have already been through transformation challenges and shown evidence of successfully championing to deliver best-in-class methodologies and delivery.
- Reporting directly to the CEO of Europe who is an active sponsor of the importance of this function; to develop and embed a Quality culture across the business to ensure world-class quality as a key differentiator - underpinning profitable (and sustainable) customer partnerships.
- To lead the overall regional food safety QSHE function with a focus on strategy, policies, food safety programmes and risk mitigation.
- The Head of QSHE Europe will be tasked with standardising to one best-practice way of working across multiple sites with different cultures and legacy heritages in Europe. He/she will be required to create the momentum, pace and buy-in to make this happen.
- Operating within this acquisitive business this position will continually evolve, bringing in newly acquired businesses into the operating model - ensuring during all change processes that product quality, health and safety are not impacted in any way and that customer methodologies engage closely with many large global customers.
- The role therefore has the following main facets:
- Mix of both strategy and operations
- External customer focus
- International reach
- Quality, Health, Safety and budget management
- Leadership and people development
- Transformation/Change and stakeholder management
- Best in-class processes and operational efficiency
- This person will have direct and indirect responsibility for approximately 260 people within the region allied to a significant budget.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working with global food safety QSHE counterparts to define, implement and maintain best practice global policies, programmes and strategies and lead the decision making process regarding policy setting and guidelines for function and ensure compliance.
- Provide European strategic leadership in collaboration with the European executive team whilst transforming strategy into short and long term objectives.
- Direct all QSHE Centres of Expertise & Scale.
- Co-ordinate food safety and QSHE initiatives for key and global customers.
- Food safety risk mitigation and management.
- Align food safety and QSHE business objectives and KPI’s with Manufacturing.
- Strategically target and participate in technical and trade association committees for the region.
- Guide talent management programmes, set objectives and lead performance reviews in the region to build a world class, customer focussed QSHE function.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Mix of strategic and operational experience at a leadership level within best practice, global food/beverage organisations, ideally on a Global or pan-EMEA basis
- Proven knowledge of food and beverage regulations and latest customer/consumer expectations.
- Experience in numerous technical functional roles such as: supply quality, quality systems, regulatory, R&D, manufacturing, laboratory management, sustainability
- Strong academic / technical background in food chemistry, raw materials, sensory, microbiology, food packaging systems and food engineering
- Track record of being able to identify and drive continuous improvement and change management initiatives to develop a customer focussed, best practice division
- Clear customer focus with specific evidence to suggest he/she builds strong relationships based on trust and inspires confidence in customers. Prior experience dealing effectively within large, complex FMCG/Retail environments is essential.
- Strong evidence to suggest he/she has managed talent for a global organisation and built winning teams
Key Characteristics and Personal skills:
- Inspirational leader and strong role model/ambassador to the wider organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship management and exceptional influencing and stakeholder management skills to be able work across all levels within an organisation.
- A change agent - energised by making a difference and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- International / Global outlook.
- Executive presence; demonstrates gravitas, credibility and wins trust.
- Results focus, service delivery mind-set and pragmatic approach.
- Commercial nous and natural focus on ROI, project and budget management and control.
- Politically astute, assertive and robust.
- Evidence of managing and operating under demanding incident conditions to deliver effective and efficient solutions.
- Strong communicator, who can operate, influence and achieve results
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and committed individual to become a key contributor to the success of this dynamic, focused and growth-oriented business.
This role has ownership for dealing with an array of blue chip customers across Europe which will provide an exciting opportunity for the right individual with strong leadership & stakeholder management skills to make an impact and create a world class, customer-focused QSHE operation.
The prospects for advancement will be attractive due to the visibility of the role which allows an opportunity for someone to make a name for themselves across the organisation, leveraging its strong emphasis on promoting from within.
The remuneration package will reflect the importance of the role to the overall strategic development of the organisation.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 555, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500