Global Head of Talent & Learning
This significant player in worldwide markets wishes to appoint a Global Head of Talent & Learning to lead the design and delivery of the organisation’s talent, leadership attraction and development framework. This successful and dynamically evolving business prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity & business excellence in every area of its operations - striving to enhance its leadership positions across its global markets.
As a new role for the organisation; based in Ireland and reporting directly to the Global Vice President HR, the appointed candidate will:
- Define, develop and consult on talent management initiatives including: Strategic talent development planning, performance management, talent assessment, talent acquisition, succession planning, culture-building and high performing teams’ initiatives.
- Lead group, functional, team, and individual needs assessments as appropriate to diagnose problem areas, identify root causes, and implement talent solutions that improve employee performance, provide effective development at all levels, retain high performing employees and ultimately increase organisational effectiveness.
- Oversee the design, development and sourcing of world-class leadership & management development solutions (diagnostic tools, management training, leadership development programmes etc.).
- Define and implement strategies to accelerate the development of global key talent and successor candidates and ensure development of new capabilities for future identified needs.
- Provide expert support and coaching to Business Leaders, HR Business Partners and managers to ensure consistency in talent development and succession planning reviews; reflected in the quality, quantity, and diversity of the leadership pipeline of each function.
- Design career frameworks aligned to the employer value proposition and culture of a dynamic, flexible, innovative and international organisation.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive Human Resources, Business Enterprise Talent Management, Organisational Development and Leadership Development experience.
- A minimum primary degree, preferably in Human Resources, Organisational Development, Business, or a related field with further relevant personal development – ideally at post-graduate level.
- Significant experience developing, driving and managing solutions in: Talent development and leadership & workforce planning; group/functional/team and individual needs assessment; succession planning; talent acquisition; coaching; learning and development; career development; culture building; competency modelling; performance management and high performance team development & retention initiatives.
- This experience will have been in large, complex multi-jurisdictional environments and show strong evidence of leading talent acquisition, talent assessments, succession planning and learning academy initiatives while working across all organisational functions - as well as with and through key HR Business Partner stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience of driving talent innovation and process improvement with evidence of designing, developing / sourcing world-class leadership & management development solutions. E.g. Diagnostic tools, talent analytics to understand trends; establish strategic and effective talent and KPI / performance management systems, processes / practices / dashboards and related management training, leadership development programmes etc. Candidates should have significant breadth of knowledge on commonly used learning concepts, practices, and procedures.
- A history of designing and implementing “genuinely workable” career frameworks aligned to the employer value proposition and culture of a dynamic, flexible, innovative, international and complex organisation; enabling pace and commercial delivery.
- Real ambition to progress further in HR leadership with excellent interpersonal skills - highly resourceful with evidence of trust-based stakeholder influence, relationship building and organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through to implementation) as well as the executive presence / impact critical to succeed in the role.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and committed individual to operate effectively in a dynamic, flexible, innovative and truly global environment to shape and develop this new role from the outset. The Global Head of Talent & Learning will play a critical part in ensuring that the company has a compelling & highly effective talent management and leadership development framework in place that will enable and propel the continued success of this growth-oriented business.
The remuneration package will be attractive to reflect the importance of the role to the overall strategic development of the organisation. The company has a strong track record of developing its people from within and leading this function successfully will visibly position someone well for further career enhancement.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 16559, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to: