Director Europe Rewards & Global Benefits
This significant player in worldwide markets wishes to appoint a Director Europe Rewards & Global Benefits to lead the specialist reward function and deliver the performance and reward agenda across the European business. The role also includes responsibility for establishing and delivering the company’s employee benefits strategy globally.
The company is actively developing a global total rewards framework. It will continue to strengthen the link between performance and reward as it builds organisational capabilities across all regions and divisions. Its total rewards framework includes progressive career opportunities as well as competitive and affordable pay and benefits.
Based in Ireland and reporting to the Vice President Global Rewards, the appointed candidate will be responsible for:
Leading the Rewards Agenda for Europe
- Partnering with the Europe HR leadership and business to establish the Reward agenda for the region to support the region’s business and HR strategies.
- Ensuring that EMEA’s business needs are understood by the Global team and in turn, representing the global rewards initiatives and strategy to seasoned and senior business and HR executives.
- Building strong working relationships and communication lines within the European HR community and with other business leaders;
- Working effectively with peers across the global Reward team;
- Leading a team of 5-6 reward specialists (including a specialist pension team) – providing it with on-going functional guidance and coaching;
Development and Execution of Global Benefits Strategy
- Establishing/refining global benefits strategy, governance and guiding principles
- Developing benefits harmonisation / integration roadmap for Europe and implement same; partnering with regional rewards leads to do likewise for other regions
- Partnering with other key stakeholders (regional reward leads, Treasury, Finance) on initiatives such as establishment and execution of the pension strategy, compilation of global benefits inventory, benefits financing initiatives such as multinational pooling, global/regional broker etc.
Market Alignment & Harmonisation of Programs
- Ensuring appropriate internal and external alignment for all elements of reward;
- Analysing, recommending and implementing standardised reward programs by country;
- Integration of acquisitions.
Ensure Effective delivery of Operational aspects of Reward Programs
- Managing year-end processes (pay planning and bonus) in line with global reward timelines and strategy;
- Maintaining business focus on performance management and supporting the tools for line managers to set expectations, be accountable and recognise / reward delivery of results.
- Supporting HR team and business with complex offers, promotions, terminations and other day to day operational activities.
- Ensuring the effective implementation and governance of the Global Job Levels program.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Reward role (corporate or consulting; preferably a mix), at least 3 years at a functional leadership level;
- A minimum primary degree, preferably in Human Resources, Finance or Business, or a related field with further relevant personal development – ideally at post-graduate level.
- Recent experience supporting the UK, Ireland and another European country preferably;
- Persuasive and influential communicator;
- Highly analytical;
- Strong systems knowledge and technical know how across a range of applications.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and committed individual to operate effectively in a dynamic, flexible, innovative and truly global environment. The Director Europe Rewards & Global Benefits will play a critical part in enabling the business to better leverage scale, simplify and increase agility and allow it compete both in the markets it operates in and in terms of attracting and developing talent.
The remuneration package will be attractive to reflect the importance of the role to the overall strategic development of the organisation. The company has a strong track record of developing its people from within and this role will visibly position someone well for further career enhancement.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 16563, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500