CFO Africa - Utilities
Our client, based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which operates the oldest National Park in Africa, is looking to appoint a CFO to the Hydro-Electric Power facilities it is in the process of building on-site.
The Park plans to construct 7 Hydro schemes by 2021, including the associated distribution networks, delivering ~100MW of power to the local region. The Hydro-Electric Power facilities will create a catalyst for regional economic development and fund The Park operating costs.
The CFO will report directly to the CEO and will be part of the Senior Management team.
Based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the appointed candidate will be responsible for:
- Effectively leading and managing all elements of the Company’s financial function and ensuring that the highest financial standards and robust operational and reporting processes are in place at all times.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate financial statements including; Financial and Management Accounts, Statutory Accounts, Budgets, Strategic Financial Plans, Cash Flow Statements.
- Management of corporate CAPEX budgets – total investment of $160m by 2022.
- Effective leadership of the HR and Procurement functions.
- Providing relevant financial analysis required to support key business decisions.
- Treasury, Payroll, Insurance and Cash Flow management.
- Management of corporate debtors and creditors and key banking relationships.
- Creation of an operational culture of professionalism, aligned with the highest standards of governance, throughout the Finance function.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Relevant third level/professional financial qualifications.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior financial role in a relevant international organisation. Experience of working in a dynamic, challenging African market, will be a strong advantage.
- Strong mix of experience in; operational finance, financial control, and financial reporting, both to third party funders and senior internal stakeholders, is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of international (EU / UK / IFRS) company accounting standards and will need to become swiftly familiar with taxation and other financial legislation in DRC.
- Energy/Utilities experience an advantage though not essential.
- Highly likely to be a fluent French speaker.
- A committed and collaborative team player with the ability to thrive in a challenging business environment.
- Energetic, goal focussed with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- A highly motivated self-starter, capable of working on their own initiative and as a key part of a high-performance team.
- Ambitious, driven, hands-on financial manager motivated by the long-term challenge of developing a successful commercial enterprise, with broader societal impact.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, committed individual to become a central contributor to the long-term success of this values based, commercial organisation with a fundamental social impact in a challenging African region.
The remuneration package and prospects for advancement will be attractive to reflect the importance of the role to the overall development of the organisation.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 561, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500