Senior HR Manager, Corporate Head Office – Munster
A highly acquisitive, significant player in worldwide markets wishes to appoint a Senior HR Manager for its Corporate head office. Internationally quoted, this is a successful and continually evolving multi-site manufacturer which develops and supplies a range of innovative solutions to its global customers.
As Senior HR Manager, the primary focus of this role is supporting complex Group functions with globally focused internal client stakeholders that operate in a multijurisdictional and multicultural environment. In tandem with this, this role will act as HR Business Partner to the global Financial Control functions across various locations and to some additional IP focused Group activities based outside of Ireland.
Based in Munster, Ireland with some limited global travel the appointed candidate will:
- Act as a Strategic HR Business Partner to deliver full suite of HR services to the various Group functions it supports - ensuring a strong pipeline of mobile talent.
- As site HR lead along with and through two direct reports; ensure the smooth delivery of best-in-class HR support as it relates to all elements of HQ site activities.
- Play a key role in supporting the various corporate function leaders to deliver the necessary growth, development and mobility of key talent in their respective functions.
- Provide Strategic HRBP support to the Group Financial Control functions.
- Build strong working relationships with the wider Group HR community including the Rewards COE and contribute to global policy formulation and implementation, ensuring a cohesive functional vision.
- Take ownership for, and in support of key functional leaders, organize and co-ordinate a comprehensive Manpower Planning and Talent Management process.
- Develop and implement leadership and management development programs to accelerate the development of the business and functional leaders of the future.
- Foster a culture of high performance, by leveraging group programmes while championing performance & development processes to ensure that training needs are identified, appropriate training delivered, evaluated and future action plans developed and agreed with subsequent tracking of objectives.
- Play a key role in managing the natural tension between representing the needs of Corporate functions, understanding the varying priorities across the Group and representing the functional priorities to a demanding and challenging client base.
- Be responsible for the delivery of best-in-class Talent Acquisition services to secure top talent in the external market.
- Proactively build employee engagement by promoting a culture of recognition and appreciation of employees by managers and peers.
- Operating as a change agent, ensure appropriate and varied communications are deployed according to an agreed plan that supports strong retention of key talent underpinned by high engagement.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Bachelors of Business Studies or related degree with strong academic achievement and CIPD qualified. Masters in Human Resource Management is desirable.
- 8-10 year track record of successfully operating in global FMCG, Technology, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Oil & Gas environments would be attractive.
- Internationally literate, adaptable and flexible with an understanding of how to operate in a relatively complex and truly global, change-oriented organisation. Experience of operating with multi-country teams will be important.
- The Group has a flat structure which enables speedy decision making. As a result, robust stakeholder management skills are critical to work successfully in this matrix-structure and the gravitas to build successful cross-functional relationships is vital.
- The successful candidate will have extensive HR generalist experience in the complete employee lifecycle.
- Evidence of strategic understanding allied to a commercial acumen with experience of dealing with senior stakeholders in a complex corporate environment is essential.
- Demonstrated record of developing and embedding Talent and Succession programs.
- Strong knowledge of relevant employment laws to support delivery of best-in-class HR services.
Operationally, this is a broad, generalist role which will encompass all aspects of HR. Candidates will need to demonstrate experience to varying degrees across each area, whilst working in partnership with colleagues in HR. The successful individual will need to be able to operate effectively in this environment from the outset, with room to grow further. This is a high-profile role within the group as the Corporate office plays a critical role in the success of the organisation and the HR Business Partner will be at the centre of that contribution.
The remuneration package will be attractive to reflect the importance of the role to the overall strategic development of the organisation. The company has a strong track record of developing people with good mobility from within and this role will visibly position someone well for further career enhancement.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 17566, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500