Chief Operations Officer - iheed
iheed (www.iheed.org) is a leading, next generation medical education technology company based in Ireland delivering elearning platforms to the global healthcare professionals market. The company is primarily focussed on emerging markets in the Middle East, Asia and Africa where there is a systemic shortage of community based family medicine and primary care professionals resulting in extensive demand for iheed’s market leading service offerings.
iheed works directly with National Governments and leading international Healthcare organisations, delivering innovative, cost effective medical EdTech programmes, through b2b and b2c models.
The company is now conducting an international Search to recruit an experienced Chief Operational Officer to work with the CEO in delivering its ambitious growth agenda, resulting in a medium-term shareholder exit through a trade sale, private equity investment or IPO.
Based in Dublin and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the appointed candidate will:
- Assume a senior leadership role and become an Executive Board member. The preferred candidate must have the potential to assume the CEO position within a 3-5 year timeframe.
- The Chief Operations Officer role represents an extremely exciting career opportunity for an ambitious senior executive to drive the global expansion of a proven, market leading medical education company, ultimately leading to a compelling shareholder exit.
- The COO will be responsible for the following Group functions;
- Client Services
- Product Development
- Administration/General Operations
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Investor Relations (in collaboration with the CEO)
- Direct reports to the COO will include;
- Finance Director
- Chief Product Officer
- Director of Global Client Services
- Chief Medical Officer
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Relevant third level/professional qualifications. Accounting/finance qualification e.g. ACA, and/or MBA preferred.
- A minimum 10 years’ post qualification experience in a senior operations/financial role in a market leading, international business. Preferably within an accelerated growth environment in the Technology/Education/Medical sectors where a successful investor exit has been achieved.
- Strong mix of Operations and Strategic Finance experience required, with the ability to manage core corporate functions e.g. Product Development, Admin, IT, HR, Legal.
- Experience in Corporate Fundraising/Deal Structuring an advantage.
- A strong working knowledge of relevant corporate technology (e.g. ERP, Microsoft Office) and data analytics platforms.
- The hunger and ambition to lead a disruptive, international technology business through a period of transformational growth, in a dynamic global marketplace.
- Strong problem-solving ability - target driven and results oriented.
- A collaborative management style focussed on building cohesive, cross functional teams with the ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Integrity and professionalism, underpinned by the highest standards of business ethics and corporate governance.
- An excellent remuneration package to include LTIP will be on offer to the successful candidate.
Signium has been exclusively retained by iheed to manage this appointment and all applications will be passed to Signium for consideration in the process.
For further information please contact: Paul Holland, Partner Signium
E : email@example.com
T: +353 (0) 1 496 6500, M: +353 (0) 87 242 9897