Head of Procurement – Retail & Related Services
A successful and expanding indigenous Retail Group wishes to appoint a Head of Procurement. It delivers expert retail-based products and services through its network outlets and is well established and committed to excellence in consumer / customer care. The business is now recruiting for the newly-created role of Head of Procurement to support its next phase of growth over the next five years.
Based in Dublin and as a key member of the Management Team, the Head of Procurement role represents the central point of contact across and among the entire organisation for all procurement aspects of the business. This role will be integral to how the team delivers and executes against agreed business plans, while also ensuring alignment with the organisations core values.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the appointed candidate will be primarily responsible for Purchasing / Procurement, Range Development, Category Planning and Margin Management among other things.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the procurement function across every facet of the organisation.
- Develop and deliver a differentiated offer for the organisation in the marketplace - always seeking innovative ways to develop its product offering.
- Work closely with the management team to drive business development and sales plans and strategies throughout the company.
- Agree and implement a companywide procurement strategy across all categories which will ensure that best practice is both in place and adhered to at all times; and that the company is profiting fully from its procurement policies.
- Lead and direct a focused procurement team, developing greater responsibility and innovation at management level.
- Play a key role in ensuring the continuing identification, implementation and adherence to best practice business processes and systems across the company.
- Make a significant contribution to the commercial and strategic development and direction of the group.
- Complete any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in line with the job holders competence, experience and skills.
- Manage and execute new initiatives in a constructive manner to ensure rapid acceptance of new ways of doing business.
- Continuously identify and implement efficiencies and improvements across the organisation to ensure procurement methods are consistently developed.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A third level qualification in Business, Procurement or related field is preferable but not essential.
- 5+ years’ successful procurement senior management experience.
- Proven knowledge of and experience in ‘best in class’ procurement / business processes and systems.
- While specific sectoral knowledge is not essential, a background in retail or the FMCG sectors would be an advantage.
- Change management experience and the proven ability to drive positive change through an organisation.
- An innovative and professional creative style that will add value and question the norm.
- Understanding of people, and ability to lead and develop a team to work harder and smarter.
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with colleagues and diverse group of business partners.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of people assertively and confidently, while having the facility to build strong partnerships.
- An ambitious, dynamic and driven personality, keen to constantly improve and develop themselves, their team and the group.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels, along with a demonstrated ability to present ideas, work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies and leading others to action.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, committed individual to become a central contributor to the long-term success of this progressive and growth-oriented business.
The remuneration package and prospects for advancement will be attractive to reflect the importance of the role to the overall development of the organisation.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 574, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500