Vice President, ICT - Global Service Delivery (Ireland)
This Global player wishes to appoint a Vice President to join their ICT Leadership team. The Group’s international ICT hub is located in Ireland, from where the full portfolio of ICT services is coordinated across the company’s key global business operating regions; Europe, APMEA, LATAM and North America.
The company has a comprehensive, established, global service delivery model to support its significant headcount. Level 1 support is delivered 24x7 via ICT teams located globally, but with a regional focus. Application Maintenance and Development for most of its applications are outsourced. The demands on its services are expanding as it completes its SAP deployments, continue the maturity of its ITIL processes, develop stronger engagement with 3rd Party Support Partners and respond appropriately to cyber security challenges.
Based on succession requirements the company has an opportunity for a Vice President to join their ICT Leadership team to lead their Global Service Delivery. This will include leading the relationship with its partners, ensuring that they continue to develop their service levels and ways of working to be best in class, along with having tried and tested Service Continuity processes in place.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute significantly to the overall leadership of and strategy development for the company’s ICT organisation.
Based in Ireland and reporting to the Group Chief Information & Process Officer, the appointed candidate’s Primary Responsibilities will be:
- Working closely with the CIO and peers as a member of the Global ICT Leadership team, ensuring delivery of the strategy and vision for the company’s ICT Function
- Delivering a best in class, end-to-end service to all their ICT customers, for all ICT services they use
- Planning and managing the Global ICT Service Delivery budget ensuring Services are delivered within Budget
- Developing strong relationships with key internal business stakeholders and optimising partnerships with external vendors
- Leading the company’s IT Service Delivery Framework, ensuring that operational requirements for IT services are understood, documented and delivered throughout the service lifecycle; including areas such as ITIL, ensuring organizational and process performance and continuous improvement
- Overseeing and further developing the company’s ICT Service Continuity Framework (Disaster recovery) ensuring it is maintained and evolves to become a feature of all ICT services
- SAP Security (Transport of configuration changes to SAP)
- Ensuring optimal Service Delivery from all from 3rd Party Service Partners and ICT Service Contracts
- Managing ICT’s interface with both Internal and External Audit
- Ensuring that the Service Delivery team is structured and organised to be successful to meet business requirements, built on the necessary management processes, organization structure, people and technical skills
- Driving a high-performance culture where accountability for performance is well defined and measured and enabling stakeholder visibility to service improvements and effectiveness
- As a leader in the ICT team, encourage, advocate and sponsor key employee engagement initiatives aimed at enhancing employee satisfaction
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Led at a senior level in a similar role within a large global manufacturing organisation; experience of leading a large global team of ICT employees with varied skills and experience and successfully built & developed talent within the team
- Experience of managing relationships with internal business leaders and customers in a matrix environment
- Led a diverse global Service Delivery organisation where support is delivered by both internal teams and external support partners
- Managed 3rd party support partners, including setting and monitoring SLA and quality metrics delivery
- Strong knowledge of Service Delivery best practice and industry trends (and experience of introducing change for performance management & improvement)
- Desirable experience with DevOps and specifically the practices of efficiently introducing change to production systems while ensuring continuity of high quality service delivery
- The ability to think on your feet, and be willing to take ownership of and deliver projects and initiatives outside of Service Delivery where necessary
- Built, run and delivered large RFP/RFI projects
- Negotiated with large and small ICT Service Vendors
- Experience of ITIL and of implementing/operating it within a large global service desk
- The flexibility for regular International travel ~30%
This is a great opportunity for an individual with ambition for both themselves and the organisation they work with, allied to the vision and commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain growth on a long-term basis. Candidates will enjoy operating effectively in a dynamic, flexible, innovative and truly global environment.
The remuneration package will be attractive to reflect the importance of the role to the overall strategic development of the organisation. The company has a strong track record of developing its people from within and this role will visibly position someone well for further career enhancement.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 18582 giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500