Managing Director - Renewable Energy Investment
Recognised as one of the leading Global Renewable Energy Developers and Investors, this company’s primary business areas are onshore and offshore wind and solar PV. It has a substantial project development portfolio across Africa, South and Central America and is focused on further development in a number of markets in Asia.
The organisation now wishes to recruit a Managing Director for its Capital Division to raise very significant levels of debt and equity finance and manage the business. The role could be based in Ireland, or more likely in one of the world’s major financial markets e.g. New York, London, or possibly Hong Kong / Singapore.
Reporting to the overall Group CEO, the primary responsibility of the MD role will be to source and structure the equity and debt funding required to fund future CAPEX and investment plans. The MD will also be responsible for building and managing a team of world class executives capable of efficiently allocating funding and managing relationships with investors and capital markets partners.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the appointed candidate will:
- Source and structure the equity and debt funding required to fund future CAPEX and investment plans.
- Be responsible for building and managing a team of world class executives capable of efficiently allocating funding and managing relationships with investors and capital markets partners.
- Identify and target the most promising investors for renewable energy projects in growth markets.
- Use a network of relationships and contacts to enhance the formation and development of this organisation.
- Develop relationships with prospective clients to originate seed investors and raise capital for investment.
- Engage with external advisors to optimise the legal, tax and compliance structures of the fund or other investment vehicle.
- Foster relationships with organisations, multi-laterals and government agencies who can provide debt and equity or facilitate investment in projects.
- Design investment products appropriate to the project lifecycle.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- An established network and relevant expertise in the international energy sector, with a deep understanding of the fundamentals of Renewables.
- The enthusiasm and passion to sell the story and compelling investment rationale of the company.
- Evidence of being a “Deal-maker” with the proven network and track record of securing third party capital (equity and debt) in international capital/private equity fundraising markets.
- The ability to deliver and manage complex and innovative deal structures.
- Proven evidence of securing and managing deals without the resource base of a large organisation e.g. bank/private equity/investment firm. Is resourceful, flexible, agile and can manage ambiguity.
- The capability of building, leading and motivating a high-performance team operating to the highest standards of fund structuring, risk management and corporate governance procedures.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to manage senior stakeholder relationships e.g. investors, debt providers and the Board based on sound quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Core values and aligned with the organisation’s culture of integrity, sustainability, team playing, respectful, innovative, entrepreneurial and committed to the highest standards of safety.
- Ability to identify and successfully resolve potential tax, accounting, compliance or human resource issues and conflicts.