Managing Director - Logistics Solutions
This Irish based Group provides customised outsourcing and design to deliver innovative client solutions across a range of markets which optimise client brand performance. Having built successful and sustainable brand partnerships for over 80 years, it now employs over 1,000 people.
Scope of Role:
In order to drive and achieve its ambitious growth and development targets of 50% over the next 5 Years the company is seeking to hire a Managing Director (MD). The MD will have direct responsibility for leading the development & embedding of robust strategic and operational / commercial plans, reporting, systems and processes to provide clarity of Logistics Solutions’ objectives across the organisation.
Relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will underpin this clarity and will be proposed by the MD, signed off and reviewed by The Board on a regular basis.
Key determinants of success will be: increase in shareholder value; building strong relationships with customers / other external stakeholders / cross-divisional / functional teams & the Board along with developing and overseeing processes to ensure best-in-class service delivery.
Based in Dublin and reporting directly to The Board, the appointed candidate will:
- Define, agree and develop Logistics Solutions Growth Strategy and its underlying commercial (sales & marketing), financial, operational plans to implement initiatives while focusing on delivering sales, core margin, net profit growth, best-practice service quality and related operational metrics.
- This should be done in collaboration with the Board, to include continuous improvement, identifying new service offerings and accessing new market sectors and territories.
- Lead, develop and manage the team of 400 to deliver high performance that is best-in-class, supported by prudent budget management and governance-based processes and procedures.
- Effectively develop and manage relationships with key customers, based on prior relationships, credibility, trust and leading the delivery of superior client service, where contract renewal is critical to long term growth.
- Develop core and new service offerings, in collaboration with Group colleagues that enhance Logistics Solutions’ positioning as a market leading company.
- Effectively manage relationships with key internal colleagues and stakeholders e.g. SLT, Board, cross divisional / functional teams and effectively leverage relationships and commercial opportunities within the wider Group network.
- Review market trends, pricing, competitive positions and key developments & threats, providing / delivering recommendation to the organisation and SLT.
- Enhance market positioning through building a strong network with key stakeholders (existing key and prospective customers, industry bodies, recognised sector experts) in the international Logistics Solutions & Supply Chain sector.
- Implement best in class seasonally-adjusted budgeting, business process systems and technologies (CRM, Digital Marketing platforms) facilitating the achievement of key commercial and operational objectives along with accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure the development and implementation of clear monthly, weekly, daily operational, sales and margin targets that are an effective dashboard to drive improved business performance.
- Ensure the business has a strong leadership and specialist talent pipeline through recruitment and further development of high potential individuals.
- Further develop a customer centric culture / ways of working that identifies new client service models and value-added propositions, in a dynamic business environment where people value ownership, performance, pride and accountability.
The Successful Candidate will possess the following Characteristics, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 5-7 yrs successful General Management and Commercial leadership in a Logistics or Supply Chain Solutions environment with a track record of delivering accelerated and profitable commercial growth in B2B international services sales.
- A highly effective natural leader with strong General Management leadership experience, ideally allied to deep existing customer relationships in Logistics or Supply Chain Solutions.
- A third level/professional qualifications in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering would be an advantage.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to convert strategy into operational execution with a clear understanding of profitability and the management of P&L and OPEX targets. Commercially astute and able to lead customer-experience driven operations.
- Track record of developing and embedding robust strategic, operational & commercial plans, reporting, systems & processes; driving growth by providing clarity of objectives, accurate & timely reporting and significant improvement in both sales & margin delivery.
- Evidence of grounded relationship building and communication skills with international customers, other external stakeholders, cross-functional teams and executive boards – with the ability to positively challenge the status quo and identify and exploit new service solution opportunities within new sectors or service lines.
- Superior commercial skills with the gravitas necessary to quickly win trust, lead others to commercial success and personally develop & close large ticket sales - effectively managing high level relationships, with blue-chip international clients.
- Ambitious for the business as well as themselves - proactive and strategic with a continuous-improvement approach to commercial, quality metrics and operational excellence; developing, communicating and embedding and measureable processes.
- Obviously capable of leading teams to excel in a demanding, performance driven, customer and delivery focused environment. Target driven and results oriented.
This MD role represents an extremely exciting career opportunity to drive the strategic growth and development of a market leading business, offering strong value-added Logistics Solutions to blue-chip Irish and Global clients at an exciting time of its development.
Given the visibility of the role and the evidence that success should provide, it is also an opportunity to develop a profile in an organisation with an outstanding track record of growth. A strong remuneration package will be offered to reflect the importance of this role to the organisations future.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 18579 giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500