Reward Director - Europe
This significant international player wishes to appoint a Reward Director to take responsibility for leading the specialist reward function and drive the performance and reward agenda across the European & Russian region. It is actively developing a global total rewards framework and will continue to strengthen the link between performance and reward as it builds organisational capabilities across all regions and divisions. Its total rewards framework includes progressive career opportunities as well as competitive and affordable pay and benefits.
The company strives to simultaneously reduce complexity which in turn facilitates mobility of talent from business to business and country to country. This reduction in complexity will be achieved through the design and implementation of single country (rather than site-led) reward structures, using the company’s global job architecture as the framework and exploiting technology.
Based in Ireland and reporting to the Vice President Global Rewards, the appointed candidate will be responsible for:
Leading the Rewards Agenda for Europe & Russia:
- Partnering with the Europe HR leadership and business; establish the Reward agenda for the region to support the region’s business, HR strategies and Employee Value Proposition
- Ensuring that EMEA’s business needs are understood by the Global team, partnering with the global team to develop reward solutions and programs, and in turn, representing the global rewards initiatives and strategy to seasoned and senior business and HR executives within the Europe business
- Building strong working relationships and communication lines within the European HR community and with other business leaders
- Working effectively with peers across the global Reward team
- Leading a team of reward specialists – providing them with on-going functional guidance and coaching
Market Alignment & Harmonisation of Programs:
- Analysing, recommending and implementing standardised reward programs by country
- Ensuring appropriate internal and external alignment for all elements of reward
- Integration of acquisitions
- Ensuring effective delivery of operational aspects of Reward Programs
- Managing year-end processes (pay planning and bonus) in line with global reward timelines and strategy
- Maintaining business focus on performance management and supporting the tools for line managers to set expectations, be accountable and recognise / reward delivery of results
- Supporting HR team and business with complex offers, promotions, terminations and other day to day operational activities
- Ensuring the effective implementation and governance of the Global Job Levels program
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A minimum primary degree, preferably in Human Resources, Finance or Business, or a related field with further relevant personal development – ideally at post-graduate level
- At least 10 years’ experience in a Reward role (corporate or consulting; preferably a mix), at least 3 years at a functional leadership level
- Preferably recent experience supporting the UK, Ireland and other European countries
- Persuasive and influential communications skills
- High analytical capabilities with strong systems knowledge and technical know-how across a range of applications
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and committed individual to operate effectively in a dynamic, flexible, innovative and truly global environment. The Director Europe & Russia Rewards will play a critical part in enabling the business to better leverage scale, simplify and increase agility and allow it compete both in the markets it operates in and in terms of attracting and developing talent.
The remuneration package will be attractive to reflect the importance of the role to the overall strategic development of the organisation. The company has a strong track record of developing its people from within and this role will visibly position someone well for further career enhancement.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 18581 giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500