Head of Retail & Wholesale - Consumer Foods
This global organisation employs over 6,600 people across 32 countries and its products are sold or distributed in over 130 countries. As a result of a recent restructure, the group operates across three key divisions, one of which is Consumer Products and it has a portfolio of well-established consumer brands here in Ireland.It now wishes to recruit a Head of Retail & Wholesale for the Irish market. The primary responsibility of the role will be to lead the implementation of the company’s customer and category trading strategies and tactics across all customers in the National Accounts in the Grocery Retail Channel.
This person will play a leading role in designing and executing the strategy and working together with all commercial and operational functions, to deliver profitable, strategic & tactical growth through the sales of new and existing products across the core retail channel made up of national accounts, convenience and discount channels.
Reporting directly to the Consumer Category Director, the appointed candidate will:
- Contribute to the development of the Consumer category strategy and create a core retail channel strategy that delivers on growth objectives.
- Ensure timely and accurate volume forecasts feed into the S&OP process.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for overall strategic customer relationships, building solid relationships with key decision-makers and manage private label tendering strategy and process.
- Develop a key account team (including Northern Ireland), capable of delivering on BAU targets, creating new opportunities and ensure ongoing support and personal development of team, setting development targets, identifying areas for improvement, mentoring and creating challenging goals.
- Lead and support the key account team in the delivery of annual budgets, including sales management, product mix and allocation decisions.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing in the development of category and customer strategy, based on customer, category and consumer data and insights.
- Develop customer plans (JBP), working with internal stakeholders to bring the right value proposition and service level to customers, aligned to commercial strategy and objectives.
- Deliver a consistent CX in line with the customer experience design and agreed service levels.
- Develop a Promotion and Merchandising strategy in conjunction with Field Sales and Marketing.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Ideally a relevant graduate background, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in successfully leading a significant team to develop and deliver commercial objectives in multiple retail channels.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly define and execute agreed strategies.
- Proven track record in complex customer/product portfolio, head office and sales management within retail industry.
- Record of achievement in sales leadership roles, with evidence that they are highly commercial, results driven, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Proven ability to develop, positively challenge and strengthen teams in order to maximise profitability and deliver against category objectives.
- Self-aware, calm, professional and resilient with the stakeholder management skills to optimise outcomes through a focus on consistent strategic, joint business planning and commercial / operational delivery.
- Record of recovering quickly from difficulties and unforeseen events.
- Obvious potential for growth into broader sales & commercial leadership roles.
This is a strong opportunity for an energetic, ambitious and resilient commercial executive to lead the core retail function in one of the most prominent consumer product categories in Ireland. Joining the business at a time of significant planned growth, the remuneration package will be attractive to reflect the strategic importance of the role to the overall development of the organisation.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 18591, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500