Chief Financial Officer - Exertis Supply Chain Services, DCC plc
DCC plc is an international sales, marketing, distribution and business support services group, operating in the Energy, Healthcare and Technology sectors. Headquartered in Dublin, DCC is a FTSE 100 company (2016 revenues £10.6bn/profits £300m) employing over 10,500 people across 14 countries.
Exertis, the operating name for DCC Technology (2016 revenues £2.4bn) is a leading sales, marketing, distribution and supply chain services business providing a broad range of consumer and business technology products and services to retail and reseller clients primarily in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Exertis Supply Chain Services (“ESCS”) is a leader in professional materials supply chain design and operation; delivering cost, capital and complexity optimization for blue-chip global clients. Working with companies in the Technology, Consumer Electronics, Medtech and Pharmaceuticals sectors, ESCS has operations in Ireland, Poland, the US and China. ESCS is partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and has an international logistics partnership network spanning seven continents.
ESCS’s revenues in 2017 were ~€300m with profits of ~€5m. The company is currently implementing a Strategic Development Plan targeting revenues of €500m/profits €10m and 18% ROCE by 2021.
As part of ESCS’ senior leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) role represents an extremely exciting career opportunity to manage and develop an international finance function of a market leading business offering highly specialized supply chain services, to blue-chip global clients. The role also offers excellent career advancement opportunities, within ESCS and the wider DCC Group.
Reporting directly to the ESCS CEO, the appointed candidate will:
- Have direct responsibility for managing the Finance function and also working in collaboration with the CEO and Chief Commercial Officer on developing and implementing relevant strategic initiatives required to deliver core commercial targets.
- Lead and manage a best in class Finance function required to support a €500m supply chain services company, trading in 6 continents. Involves managing all financial transactions throughout the company including: Accounting, Reporting, Currency and Risk Management and Governance.
- Effectively lead, motivate and mentor all executives in the Finance team, to include identifying and hiring additional resources as appropriate. ESCS’ Finance team currently consists of 10 executives including a Group Financial Controller, Accounts Payable and Receivable Managers and Accounts Admin Managers in Limerick and Poland.
- Prepare and present a full suite of relevant financial reports, to agreed timelines, to the CEO and DCC Group. Reports to be supported by appropriate financial analysis and relevant data analytics platforms/dashboards.
- Prepare and submit all necessary Statutory Reporting (including Audits, Tax Returns) required in relevant international markets. Includes set up and management of Exertis’ trading entities and SPV’s in international markets.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within internationally accepted accounting principles (GAPP) and corporate guidelines appropriate to a blue-chip international plc.
- Assist the CEO in key strategic and commercial initiatives by offering value-added advice based on clear commercial insights supported by detailed financial analysis.
- Collaborate with the CEO in all aspects of budgetary and general financial forecasting, based on integrated financial planning processes. Includes assisting in the development of long-term strategic planning.
- Provide leadership throughout the organisation in terms of enhanced financial discipline and control, governance and risk management protocols. Includes supporting the commercial team on relevant contract negotiations and pricing models and developing and implementing clear financial KPI’s throughout the company.
- Manage all corporate M&A activity, banking and legal requirements, in collaboration with DCC Group.
- Identify and implement best in class Technology platforms and data analytics tools to add optimum value to the management of the finance function and commercial decision making throughout the company.
- Manage relevant external relationships to include: DCC Group, Auditors, Banks, key Suppliers & Customers.
- Other responsibilities and projects as directed by the CEO.
The Successful Candidate will have/be:
- Relevant Third level and Professional Finance qualifications (preferably ACA). MBA would be an advantage.
- 15-year track record of progressive finance leadership responsibility in blue-chip organisations, with a strong international focus. Experience in the supply chain/related logistics sectors, would be an advantage.
- A strategic financial leader with proven commercial acumen, capable of added real value in developing and delivering core Strategic Plans. Operating style consistent with Exertis’ core corporate culture and reflective of the ethics and governance standards required of a blue-chip plc.
- A proven leader with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Collaborative leadership style, with ability to identify, develop and inspire team members.
- Wide-ranging operational Finance skill-set capable of delivering best in class Processes, Protocols and Procedures, most relevant to the ESCS’s specific requirements including; Reporting, Financial Analysis & Forecasting, Taxation (local & international), Risk & Compliance, FOREX, Vat, International Corporate Administration/Set Up, Banking, Corporate Finance/M&A and Technology Platforms (SAP, Excel).
- Experience in any of ESCS’ key industry sectors (Consumer Electronics, Technology, Industrial, Life Sciences) would be an advantage.
- Ability to deliver in an autonomous operating structure with the gravitas to effectively manage key external relationships.
- Attention to detail and ability to operate to tight monthly reporting deadlines.
- Eager to embrace change with energy, flexibility and clear commercial focus.
- Ambition, drive and commitment.
An excellent remuneration package reflecting the seniority and strategic importance of this position will be on offer to the successful candidate.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 18589, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500