Chief Marketing Officer - Xanadu Consultancy
Xanadu is an innovative technology company that develops best-in-class betting software and provides operational support and services for its clients, including Matchbook; one of the World's leading “peer to peer” betting exchanges.
Xanadu was founded in 2011 by CEO Mark Brosnan and COO Cian Nugent and has developed a profitable, sustainable business model and global presence, with 150 staff based in Cork, London, Italy and Vancouver. Shareholders in the business include; the senior executive team and a number of high net worth private investors.
Based on its “event-driven” technology and established market position, Xanadu has a unique opportunity to rapidly scale the business in the next 5 years. Attainable commercial targets include 25% market share and 3x revenue growth to €100m+, facilitating a capital event for the shareholders.
Xanadu is widely recognised as a market leading Irish technology company and was awarded the prestigious title of Cork SME Company of the Year in the Cork Chamber of Commerce Awards in 2015.
The company is currently engaged in a process to appoint a Chief Marketing Officer (“CMO”) as a key member of its senior leadership team (“SLT”) responsible for managing the business through a transformational growth phase.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the appointed candidate will:
- Be primarily responsible for developing and implementing Xanadu’s customer acquisition and retention strategy and building a digital brand, reflecting its product driven service offering.
- Be part of Xanadu’s SLT to include; CEO, COO, CFO, CCO, CDO, HR Director and General Counsel.
- Be based in Cork, minimum 3 days per week and manage a team of 14 executives based in Cork, including 4 Senior Managers responsible for: Customer Acquisition, Strategy, Creative, Design, & Sponsorship. It is anticipated that the CMO will hire a Marketing Director (de-facto number 2) to help manage the team and implement operational marketing plans.
- Deliver company revenue targets through creating Marketing Strategies, allocating relevant budgets (€7-10m pa) and implementing Marketing Plans, which
- Achieve customer acquisition targets
- Maximise customer retention
- Optimise long-term brand equity
- Create, lead and mentor a high-performance marketing team, in a positive working environment, underpinned by enhanced market intelligence, creativity and commercial focus.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and support between marketing and other core business functions e.g. product development, data analytics, customer experience.
- As a member of the SLT, contribute positively to the strategic development of the business in a broader context.
The Successful Candidate will have/be:
- Appropriate third level Marketing/Business qualification.
- Minimum 10 year’s senior marketing experience with a market-leading company/brand, primarily in a b2c, on-line context.
- Proven track record in managing customer acquisition and retention functions is essential and experience in “peer to peer” marketing and managing agency relationships would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to develop and implement creative marketing strategies and tactical campaigns, to maximise brand awareness and achieve other key brand metrics.
- A “commercial” marketer with enhanced data analytics skills, able to derive relevant insights from disparate data-sets and adapt strategies accordingly.
- A proven team leader with the ability to attract, nurture and develop premium commercial and marketing talent.
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills, able to deliver insightful performance reports and macro-market analysis (industry trends, competitor positioning etc) to the SLT and other relevant stakeholders.
- Tech-savvy with ability to add real-value to the Product Development and Customer Experience processes.
- Commitment to enhancing Xanadu’s core corporate culture; innovative, collegiate, respectful and fun.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with hunger and ambition to excel in a leadership role in a disruptive technology business in a dynamic, global context.
- Confident and resilient.
- Innovative, passionate and positive.
A competitive remuneration package (including Salary, Bonus, LTIP), reflective of the seniority of the role, will be on offer to the successful candidate.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 18594, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500