Head of Sales - Horseware Ireland
Founded by Tom and Carol MacGuinness in Dundalk in 1985, Horseware is one of the world’s leading equestrian apparel and clothing companies, most famous for its premium quality horserugs. Horseware is a global business with 750 employees at its manufacturing and office facilities in Dundalk, North Carolina USA, China and Cambodia.
Revenues have more than doubled to €43m in the last 10 years and underpinned by its market leading position and financial strength, the business is about to embark on a transformational growth phase, targeting annual revenues of €80-100m over the next 5 years. 90% of sales are generated from export markets with a primary focus on Europe and North America. Future growth will come from these markets and expansion into new territories in Asia and South America.
Horseware is currently engaged in a process to appoint a Head of Sales who will be a key member of the company’s senior leadership team.
International sales are primarily delivered by in-market sales teams in USA and Europe and third-party agents and distributors in some European markets. In the future, Horseware will focus on building local sales teams in local markets, reporting to the Head of Sales.
Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, the appointed candidate be responsible for:
- Achieving Horseware’s sales revenue targets to support the company’s transformational growth agenda. This will include responsibility for Strategic Business Planning underpinned by in-depth market research and analysis and Business Execution through implementing best in class Sales Processes throughout the organisation.
- Leading, managing and motivating high-performance international sales teams and delivering a sales culture based on the key principles of: customer focus, accountability and measurability.
- The Head of Sales will be based in Dundalk with approx. 50% international travel.
The Successful Candidate will have/be:
- Appropriate third level Business qualification. MBA would be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 year’s senior sales experience in a market-leading consumer goods brand/company.
- Must be capable of delivering challenging commercial targets in an international context, with ability to access new markets and identify and deliver sustainable revenue channels.
- Mix of both b2c and b2b sales environments is desired and equestrian industry experience preferred but not essential.
- Proven strategic capability with the skill-set necessary to implement the relevant Sales Processes and Systems required to deliver core commercial objectives.
- A metrics driven, highly analytical sales professional with an in-depth understanding of best in class sales systems and technologies e.g. CRM and Data Analytics platforms. Able to interrogate data to inform Planning, Investment and Performance Evaluation.
- A collaborative and decisive team leader with the ability to attract, nurture and develop high-performance teams and deliver fundamental culture change. Will include monitoring remote sales teams’ performance and standards and administering corrective action where required.
- Superior customer relationship and key account management skills with the ability to manage key stakeholder relationships, internally and externally.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to provide timely and accurate reporting to the CCO and senior leadership team colleagues.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with hunger and ambition to excel in a leadership role in a scaling consumer goods business, in a dynamic, global context.
- Positive and open with a “can-do” attitude and demeanour.
- Energetic, dynamic and tenacious.
An attractive remuneration package reflective of the seniority of the role, will be on offer to the successful candidate.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 18595, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500