SVP & Head of Development - Renewable Energy Investment (The Philippines)
Recognised as a leading Global Renewable Energy Developers and Investors, this company’s primary business areas are onshore and offshore wind and solar PV. It has a substantial project development portfolio across Africa, South and Central America and is focused on further development in APAC.
The company is currently developing projects in The Philippines and Vietnam, and has opened offices in Manila, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to support them. It plans to increase its presence in those markets through acquisition of additional wind and solar projects as well as through green-field development.
In addition to The Philippines, Vietnam and Australia, the company is actively exploring the renewable energy market in a number of other APAC markets including India, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan and Malaysia.
The company seeks to appoint an experienced SVP & Head of Development to proactively build on the foundations laid already in The Philippines and grow the business there, whilst also contributing to the expansion of the company’s global renewable energy footprint.
Based in Manila, the appointed candidate will:
- Use business acumen and critical thinking to recommend action to management on whether to pursue, and how to pursue, renewable energy opportunities.
- Evaluate projects in order to determine whether it would be appropriate for the company to pursue and / or invest in them, from both a commercial and technical perspective.
- Co-ordinate the due diligence process to evaluate project viability.
- Collaborate closely with the commercial team and others in support of the investment process.
- Work in project locations to manage close out of development activities and delivery of projects through the financial close process.
- Negotiate agreements to secure and deliver wind and solar PV projects.
- Manage handover of developed projects to Project Delivery Team.
- Proactively and significantly build on the company’s presence in The Philippines, positioning it as a recognised leading renewable energy player in The Philippines (and in a broader regional context, where appropriate), promoting the brand through media, written articles, conferences and events, where relevant and opportune.
- Represent the company confidently and knowledgeably in public.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Recruit additional local employees and assist management to design governance structures that will represent and protect the company in-market, and deliver on the company’s objectives for The Philippines.
- Identify and remediate gaps in work breakdown structure for projects.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A tangible level of experience of large-scale renewables initiatives, including deep risk assessment and evaluation and be a seasoned business development leader with significant gravitas
- Inherent deal making and commercial acuity is essential, together with a reasonable level of technical aptitude. The candidate must understand how a deal works in order to see it through end to end. Experience of environmental assessments is an advantage
- Excellent project management skills and a highly organised, detail conscious, approach to work
- Relevant experience and be a recognised renewable energy / power generation development ‘expert’ in order to represent, build and grow the brand in the market
- High energy levels, enthusiasm, flexibility and self-motivation, with a hands-on ‘sleeves rolled up’ spirit, will be critical factors for success
- Decisive leader, with proven capacity to work on own initiative
- Superior written and oral communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
- The capability to manage internal and external resources, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities and recording actions
- Ability to use Microsoft software (e.g. Word, Excel & Outlook) and specialist software packages (e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project, SharePoint)
- A degree and be qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercially-focused, rather than asset management and construction orientated, business development function
- Fluency in English is essential as is a full driving licence. An ability to speak other local languages (e.g. Tagalog and Cebuano) would be advantageous.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 18599, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to: