Senior Business Development & Marketing Manager
As part of its serious commitment to developing a long term presence in Ireland, a global law firm located across 40+ countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific is now hiring a Senior Business Development & Marketing Manager. Offering clients practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed, the firm’s clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies.
The firm’s Dublin office will be a gateway to the international market for Irish and global companies based in Ireland - enabling them to access countries around the world. Its focus will be on the Financial Services, Life Sciences and Technology sectors - and they will also provide capability in corporate, tax, finance, technology, employment among other practice areas.
At a vital initial stage of its growth in Ireland, this is a key hire and an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join at a time when there will be freedom and scope to make a significant contribution to the management and culture of the firm. It will suit an ambitious, hands-on and commercially-focused Business Development & Marketing (BD&M) professional to set up and proactively lead the Ireland BD and Marketing function; working with local partners, fee earners, support staff and the central BD&M functions.
Located in Dublin and reporting to the Country Managing Partner, the appointed candidate will:
- Develop Marketing & Business Development plans and activity, in line with business plan priorities, that utilises the full marketing mix.
- Help to shape an evolving market proposition and build market profile.
- Develop and drive marketing campaigns that create business development opportunities, where you will manage pitches, client development and targeting programmes.
- Design Marketing/Business Development processes using CRM tools and emerging technologies needed to help win and retain clients.
- Given the start-up nature of the role, be the only Dublin-based member of the Marketing & Business Development team initially and therefore required to perform a broad role, while at the same time, mentor and develop staff members within and across the organisation as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Country Managing Partner (CMP), the local leadership team and partner group, help develop and fully understand the strategy and define how Marketing, BD and Communications needs to respond to those strategic needs in order to deliver the business strategy in Ireland.
- Ensure the delivery of BD, Marketing and Communications activities supports the Ireland business whilst being aligned to the overall firm's strategy.
- Ensure BD, Marketing and Communications activities are delivered to support the global client and sector strategy: supporting the firm’s approach to its most significant client relationships.
- Act as trusted business advisor to the CMP and his/her respective leadership and partner team.
- Be accountable for the delivery of a responsive, efficient, and business-aligned Marketing, BD and Communications service to Ireland, ensuring that central and local colleagues work effectively together.
- Contribute, as a member of the International Marketing, BD and Comms team, to firm-wide Marketing, BD and Communications strategies and initiatives and the sharing of best practices across the firm.
- Work with partners to develop a pro-active, entrepreneurial and collaborative BD culture in the Dublin office.
- Act independently and as a principal on occasion for Business Development meetings and activities in the Irish market, events and sector fora.
- Assist the CMP in other related operational/support activities for the Dublin office.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Degree/CIM Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing/MBA (desirable).
- Strategic thinking ability and be an experienced, ambitious, hands-on and commercially-focused value-added B2B Business Development & Marketing professional who displays evidence of genuine gravitas in their thinking, communicating, influencing and delivery.
- A proven track record of working closely with leadership to develop and fully understand the organisation’s strategy; defining how Business Development, Marketing and Communications will support those strategic needs in order to deliver the organisations objectives in Ireland.
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative, agile and global mind-set and the natural breadth to operate effectively in an international environment with and through multiple internal and external stakeholders while being consistent with the organisation’s culture.
- Strong communication and project management ability with robust probing, consultative listening skills coupled with the aptitude to negotiate and persuade legal and client personnel.
- Evidence of grounded high-level relationship building skills, with both internal and external customers and clients. A key requirement will be the ability to maturely and positively challenge the status quo to develop and deliver a sector innovative Business Development culture in conjunction with the Managing Partner along with successfully overseeing aligned Communications, Marketing and Digital Marketing activities.
- A proven capability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations.
- Ambition to build a business as well as their own career – highly proactive with a continuous-improvement approach to strategic BD & Marketing leadership, operational excellence and integration; developing, communicating and embedding measurable processes, metrics and associated budgets that provide real transparency in a high growth environment.
The organisation is committed to the long-term development of the firm and the individual, offering strong career opportunities to its business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment. The right candidate will have the freedom and scope to make a significant contribution to the management and culture of the organisation’s operation in Ireland. The remuneration package will be attractive, reflecting the strategic importance of the role to the ongoing development of the firm.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 19606 giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500