Welcome to our April / May issue of Market Movers which is a summary of recent Executive and Leadership Appointments.
Please feel free to let us know of any relevant Appointments in the future by sending details to [email protected]
ABP has announced a number of appointments to its Board:
- Tom Kirwan has been appointed as Non-Executive Director. Kirwan worked with the group from 1982; and with ABP UK from the 1990s. He joins the Board having stepped down as ABP UK Managing Director last October.
- John Moloney has been appointed as Director and Chairman designate. Moloney was Managing Director of Glanbia plc from 2001 to 2013 and has worked in the Agribusiness sector for 33 years. He is currently a Non-Executive Director of DCC, where he is Chair, and of Smurfit Kappa Group. He also completed a seven-year term as a Non-Executive Director at Greencore in January 2020.
- Fergal O'Dwyer has been appointed as Non-Executive Director. O’Dwyer has been Chief Financial Officer of DCC since 1994, and joined the company in 1989. He is stepping down from his executive role this July. He previously worked with KPMG and PwC in Audit and Corporate Finance.
- Finbarr McDonnell has been appointed to the Board. McDonnell joined ABP in 1973 and has held various positions with the company including Group Production Manager and Factory Manager at the Cahir plant. He was appointed Chief Executive of ABP Beef (Ireland) in January 2008.
- Mark Goodman has been appointed to the Board. Goodman has worked at various ABP factories over the last 15 years and has been Head of its International Division since 2011 where he has been instrumental in developing ABP’s Asian markets.
Aldi Ireland has appointed Niall O’Connor as Group Managing Director. He has been with Aldi for over 20 years; most recently as Managing Director Mitchelstown Region, where he was responsible for the operation of Aldi’s business across Munster and Connacht.
AMP Capital, a global investment manager has appointed Julie O’Neill as Adviser. O’Neill is Non-Executive Director at Ryanair, AXA Life Europe and XL Insurance, and Senior Independent Director at permanent tsb. O’Neill will advise the state-backed €1billion Irish Infrastructure Fund which is run by AMP Capital and Irish Life. She was previously Secretary General at the Department of Transport between 2002 and 2009.
An Post has appointed Nicola Woods as Chief Transformation Officer. Woods was previously Chief of Staff at Salary Finance for 2 years and also worked with Ericsson and Ulster Bank prior to this.
Baker Tilly have announced the appointment of Greg Hogan as Corporate Finance Partner. Hogan was previously a Director at Renatus Capital and worked with Deloitte and Grant Thornton as Corporate Director Finance.
Cornmarket Group has appointed Patrick Ryan as Managing Director. Ryan has been with the group for 16 years, most recently as Director - Life and Pensions. He takes up the role of Managing Director following the retirement of Roddy Murphy, who continues as company Chairman.
Crowe has appointed Cormac Doyle as Partner – Tax. Doyle previously worked with EisnerAmper MKO as Head of Tax.
Deloitte Ireland has announced the appointment of Ronan Ferry as Partner and Head of Tax Management Consulting. Ferry previously worked with PwC for 13 years in Ireland and the US, most recently as Head of Tax Strategy.
Diageo has appointed Hilary Quinn as Marketing Director Ireland. Prior to this she held several senior roles with the Coca-Cola Company most recently as Marketing Director - Flavours & Adults Brands Coca-Cola Western Europe.
Emovis has appointed Stephen McCarthy as Chief Executive. McCarthy joined the company last year as Head of Transition Management. Prior to this, he worked with Vodafone for 16 years, most recently as Head of Quality & Performance Improvement.
Fortus, a distributor of security and fire solutions, has appointed Mark Brophy as Chief Financial Officer. Brophy previously worked with AIB as Director of Corporate Finance. Prior to this, he worked with Mazars as Director of Corporate Finance.
Greencore has appointed Nigel Smith as Group Strategy Director. Smith has worked with Greencore since 2017, most recently as Special Adviser to CEO. Prior to this, he worked with McKinsey & Company for 3 years.
Irish Wind Energy Association has appointed Peter Lynch as Chairperson. Lynch is Managing Director of Coillte and has worked with the organisation for 5 years. Prior to this, he worked with Mainstream Renewable Energy and SES (part of NTR).
Macquarie Group has announced the appointment of Simone Macleod Nairn as Chief People Officer EMEA. She previously worked with Irish Life as Chief People Officer and Head of Corporate Resources and worked with HSBC prior to this.
Mark Anthony Brands has appointed Paul Dunkin as Marketing Director – White Claw – UK & Ireland. Dunkin previously worked as Chief Marketing Officer for joe.ie and for Diageo for 4 years, most recently as Marketing Manager – Smirnoff Europe.
Marketing Institute of Ireland has announced the appointment of David Field as Interim Chief Executive. Field was previously Commercial Director and Head of Marketing and Retail Development for Eason’s. He also worked as Marketing Director for Brown Thomas.
Neuromod Devices has appointed Rosemarie Tully as Chief Operating Officer. Tully has been with the company since 2017, most recently as Chief Business Officer. Prior to this, she worked with Sigmoid Pharma and Elan.
Niche Living, the co-living arm of Bartra Capital has appointed David McGuinness as Managing Director. McGuinness was previously General Manager of Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links for 4 years and was Deputy General Manager at Farnham Estate Golf & Spa Resort prior to that.
Shannon Group has appointed Mike Quinn to the Board of Directors. Quinn is Chief Executive Director of Doncaster’s Group. Prior to this, Quinn was Chief Executive of Ervia and Bord na Mona.
Sodexo has announced the appointment of Julie Ennis as Chief Executive Corporate Services Business - UK & Ireland. Ennis will continue her role as Country President Ireland which she commenced in August 2019. Prior to joining Sodexo, Ennis worked with Bank of Ireland for over 20 years.
Stobart Energy has appointed Gareth Aylward as Finance Director. Aylward was previously Finance Director at FJ Need Foods for 3 years. Prior to that, he worked with Ornua, most recently as Group Strategy Project Manager.
Three has appointed Elaine Carey as Chief Commercial Officer for UK & Ireland. Carey has worked with Three for 13 years and has been Chief Commercial Officer for Ireland for 7 years.
Truepos Payment Solutions has announced the appointment of Paul Lucey as Chief Executive Officer. Lucey was previously Managing Director of Premier Utilities for 10 years.
Tullow Oil has appointed Rahul Dhir as Chief Executive Officer. Dhir is founder and Chief Executive Officer of Delonex Energy, a leading sub-Saharan oil and gas company focused on exploration, development and production.
United Hardware Limited (Homevalue) has appointed Paul Candon as Chief Executive Officer. Prior to this he was Managing Director for Bunzl Irish Merchants and Chief Executive Officer for McCabes Pharmacy prior to that.
Virgin Media Ireland has announced 3 senior appointments:
- Paul Farrell has been appointed as Managing Director. He has been VP Commercial since 2016, and worked with Davy as Director of Strategy & Marketing prior to that.
- Emer Kelly has been appointed Head of Sales. Kelly has worked with the group for 10 years, most recently as Strategic Sales Manager and worked with UPC and NTL prior to this.
- Gavin Murphy has been appointed Head of Operations. Murphy has worked with the group for 6 years, most recently as Senior Manager, Business Operations. Prior to this, he worked for Liberty Global and Vodafone.
William Fry has announced the appointment of Matthew Cahill as Head of Structured Finance and Debt Capital Markets. He was previously a partner at leading law firms Clifford Chance and Sidley Austin.
Zurich Life Assurance plc has appointed Gerry Fitzpatrick as a Non-Executive Director. He was previously a Partner with Deloitte.