Welcome to our Summer issue of Market Movers which is a summary of recent Executive and Leadership Appointments.
Please feel free to let us know of any relevant Appointments in the future by sending details to [email protected]
The Association of Advertisers in Ireland (AAI), the national advocacy group for promoting the interests of advertisers, has announced 2 new appointments:
- Derek Liddy as its new President. He has over 20 years’ experience in developing digital strategies and marketing, as well as TV and video communications. He is currently Head of Digital Marketing at Aer Lingus.
- Constance Balsamo as Vice President. Balsamo has worked with Diageo for 6 years, most recently as Head of Alcohol Policy and Public Affairs for Ireland. Prior to this, she worked with Kreab Gavin Anderson – Brussels, a PR company.
Accenture has announced two appointments:
- Richard Carr as Managing Director for Accenture Interactive in Ireland and Chief Executive Officer of Rothco, part of Accenture Interactive where he is currently the Managing Director. He has been part of the Rothco leadership team for the past 17 years.
- Donal Óg McCarthy as Managing Director, Cloud Lead Ireland. McCarthy previously worked with Deloitte for 8 years, most recently as Head of Cloud Engineering.
An Post has appointed Paul O’Loughlin as Head of Financial Services Compliance. O’Loughlin was previously Director of Compliance at AIB Merchant Services and worked with State Street, prior to this.
Arkphire has announced 2 senior appointments:
- Edel Creely has been appointed as Managing Director – Arkphire Services. Creely was previously Group Managing Director of Trilogy Technologies for 10 years. Prior to this, she was Managing Director of Datapac for 11 years.
- Brid Graham has been appointed Managing Director of Arkphire IT Procurement. Graham has worked with Arkphire for 19 years, most recently as Sales Manager.
ASL Aviation has appointed Dave Andrew as Chief Executive Officer. Andrew has been Chief Executive Officer of Safair since 2010.
Athora, an insurance and reinsurance group has appointed Mark Redmond as Director – Finance & Investment, Derivatives. Redmond previously worked with Barclays as VP Treasury Product Control and with Bank of Ireland for 13 years, most recently as Finance Lead – Core Banking & Strategic Projects.
Aware has appointed Dr Sinead Brennan as Non-Executive Director. Brennan has worked with NTMA for 6 years, most recently as Chief People Officer. Prior to this, she was Head of HR at KBC Bank Ireland.
Bank of Ireland has appointed Eoin Lowry as Head of Agri. Lowry worked with the Irish Farmers Journal for 6 years, most recently as Deputy Editor & Agri Business Editor. Prior to this, he worked with Target Fertilisers for 9 years.
BNY Mellon has announced 2 new appointments:
- Paul Kilcullen as CEO at BNY Mellon, Fund Services (Ireland) DAC, subject to regulatory approval. He joins after 12 years at Citigroup, most recently as Head of Custody & Funds Services Ireland.
- Ann Fogarty as Head of Operations. At BNY Mellon for over 30 years; she has held roles including Head of EMEA Investment Operations, Global Head of Fund Accounting and Administration and Global Head of Accounting Services.
Bord Gáis Energy has appointed David Kirwan as Managing Director. Kirwan worked with Bord Gais for 12 years before moving to Centrica (who now own Bord Gáis Energy) for over 2 years; initially as Managing Director UK Customer Operations and then as Managing Director UK Home.
Bytek IT Solutions has announced the appointment of Dessie Farrell as Chairman. He is co-founder and CEO of Compete with Compassion. He was also a founding member of the Gaelic Players Association and CEO of the organisation from 2002 to 2016. Prior to that, he had a successful career in the pharmaceutical industry working with many of the world's leading pharma companies.
C & C Group has appointed David Forde as Chief Executive. Forde has worked with the Heineken Group since 1997, most recently as Managing Director UK since 2013.
Carne Group, the digitally driven industry platform to the Global Asset Management Industry, has announced the appointment of John Herlihy as Non-Executive Chairman of its Board of Directors. He currently leads LinkedIn in EMEA & LATAM and was VP with Google prior to that.
CDB Aviation has announced 2 new appointments:
- Brendan O’Neill as Chief Financial Officer. O’Neill previously worked with Dubai Aerospace Enterprise for 4 years, most recently as Senior Vice President Financial Reporting & FP & A. Prior to this, he worked with AWAS and GE Money.
- Paul Boyle as Head of EMEA. Boyle previously worked with Avolon as Senior Vice President and worked with Aercap, RBS Aviation Capital and Aer Lingus, prior to this.
Chartered Accountants Ireland has appointed Paul Henry as President. Henry has been Director of Osborne King Real Estate Belfast since 2000.
CISI Ireland (The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment) has appointed Eugene Kiernan FCSI as President of the CISI National Advisory Council for Ireland. Kiernan started his career with Irish Life Investment Managers, where he worked for 25 years, followed by AIB Investment Managers, Prescient Investment Managers and Appian Investment Managers.
Cognate Health, a leading nationwide occupational health provider has announced the appointment of Paula Cogan as the new Chief Executive Officer. She was previously the Global Head of Sales at Doyle Collection and is the current Cork Chamber President.
Cubic Telecom, a software solutions company, has appointed Marc Concannon as Chief Technology Officer. Concannon was previously Chief Technology Officer at Edge by Ascential for a number of years.
Dale Farm Ltd has appointed Oliver McAllister as Chief Financial Officer. McAllister was previously Group Finance Director with Foyle Food Group for 3 years and was Director at PwC for 4 years prior to that.
Eugene F. Collins has appointed Ray Byrne as Partner in the firm’s banking team. Byrne has worked with the firm since 2019. Prior to this, he worked with Arthur Cox for 5 years and McCann Fitzgerald for 4 years.
GE Aviation has appointed John Slattery as President & Chief Executive. Slattery worked with Embraer Aerospace for 8 years, most recently as President & Chief Executive at Embraer Airlines.
Genesis, a full-service commercial aircraft leasing company, has appointed Adam Smyth as Chief Financial Officer. Smyth is a founding member of the company which was set up in 2014. Prior to this, he worked with Bank of Ireland Global Markets and with EY for 6 years, most recently as Audit Manager.
Glen Dimplex - Heating & Ventilation has appointed Stephen Allen as Chief Marketing Officer. Allen previously worked with Linwood Health Foods as Head of Marketing and worked with Monaghan Mushrooms for 8 years prior to that, most recently as Head of Marketing.
Google has announced the appointment of Helma Larkin as Country Manager Ireland (Large Customer Sales). Larkin has worked with Google for 2 years and prior to this, she worked as Startup Advisor to Firefly and AdQuick.
HealthBeacon, the Irish digital therapeutics company, has announced the appointment of 2 new directors:
- Mary Harney is the former Tánaiste and Minister for Health, and is Chancellor of University of Limerick, and also a director and adviser to a number of other pharmaceutical, healthcare and technology companies.
- Keeshia Muhammad, a former Director of Marketing, Strategy and Planning at UPMC Health Plan, is also joining the board.
Hiscox Ireland has announced the appointment of David Gallagher as Lead Underwriter. He re-joins the Irish team of Development Underwriters from Hiscox London where he was Lead Underwriter since 2019.
IBEC has announced 3 new appointments:
- Jackie King as Director of International Business. King is the Chief Operating Officer of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, and previously worked with PR & Communications company Hill+Knowlton Strategies for 21 years.
- Kevin Donnelly has been appointed Chair of its Prepared Consumer Foods Council. Donnelly is Managing Director of Britvic, where he has worked for 11 years.
- Andrew Shaw, Country Manager for Nestlé Ireland has been appointed Vice-Chair of the Prepared Consumer Foods Council. Shaw has worked with Nestlé for 17 years.
IVCA, Irish Venture Capital Association, has appointed Gillian Buckley as Chairperson. Buckley is Investment Manager with Western Development Commission (WDC) Investment Fund, where she has worked for 23 years.
Java Republic has appointed Damien Smyth as Head of Foodservice Sales. Smyth was previously with Musgrave MarketPlace for 13 years as Foodservice Sales Manager.
Kerry Foods has announced the appointment of Nick Robinson as Chief Executive Officer. Robinson has worked with the organisation for 3 years, most recently as Managing Director Brands & Chief Marketing Officer. Prior to this, he worked with Coca Cola and Diageo.
Kinetic Ireland, the specialists in innovative Out of Home (OOH) communications for brands, has appointed Andrew Sinclair as Managing Director. Sinclair was previously Deputy Managing Director of OMD Ireland for 13 years.
Linked Pensions & Investments Ltd has appointed Mike Mulrenan as Managing Partner. Mulrenan was previously Senior Financial Consultant – Wealth Management at Omega Financial Management.
Mainstream Renewable Power has announced the appointment of Mary Quaney as Chief Executive Officer. Quaney has worked with the organisation since 2009, most recently as Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director.
Mars has appointed Brendan McLoughlin as Market Head Ireland (Country Manager). McLoughlin previously worked with Johnson & Johnson for 11 years, most recently as Head of Ireland (General Manager).
Nitro, a computer software company, has appointed Mark Flanagan as Senior Vice President Global Sales. Flanagan previously worked as Director at Marketo and with Vistatec for 7 years, most recently as Executive Vice President.
Nuritas, an artificial intelligence and geonomics company, has appointed Owen Quinn as Chief Financial Officer. Quinn was previously Chief Financial Officer with arvoia for 5 years. Prior to this, he was Chief Financial Officer for Nature’s Best Limited for 12 years.
ORIX Aviation Group has appointed James Meyler as Chair of the Board of Directors. Meyler has worked with the ORIX group for 15 years. Prior to this, he was Chief Operations Officer and Executive Assistant to Tony Ryan.
Quintain Ireland who have developed Wembley Park, have appointed Norman Higgins as Head of Construction. Higgins previously worked with Sisk for 24 years, most recently as Director of Sisk Living.
Remitly Ireland, an international payments company, has appointed Dermot Kennedy as General Manager. Kennedy previously worked with Amazon as Senior Partner Manager for 3 years. Prior to this, he worked with Dell for 15 years, most recently as EMEA Field Service Director at Dell EMC.
ReproMed Ireland has appointed Caitriona McPartlin as Chief Executive Officer. McPartlin has been with the company for 7 years, most recently as Chief Operating Officer.
Revolut has appointed Johnny Lynch as Chief Executive Officer – Wealth & Trading Ireland. Lynch previously worked with Cantor Fitzgerald Ireland as Head of Private Clients and worked with Merrion Capital and Davy, prior to this.
Royal London Ireland has appointed Noel Freeley as Chief Executive Officer. Freeley has worked with Royal London for 7 years, most recently as Director – Legacy Division. Prior to this, he worked with the Co-operative Banking Group.
Sicon Limited, the parent company of John Sisk & Son, has appointed Rosheen McGuckian as Non-Executive Director. McGuckian is Chief Executive Officer of NTR and was previously CEO of GE Money.
Sodexo has announced the appointment of David Fox as Managing Director, Corporate Services for Sodexo Ireland. He has been with the Company for over nine years, most recently in the role of Regional Director (Europe) P&G Account.
Sports Surgery Clinic has appointed Brian Keane as Chief Executive Officer. Keane was previously CEO at Bartra Capital Property Group Nursing Homes for 3 years and worked with St Vincent’s Hospital prior to this.
Stripe, the payment processing platform, has announced two senior appointments:
- Mike Clayville has been appointed Chief Revenue Officer. Clayville previously worked with Amazon Web Services for 7 years as Vice President Worldwide Field Operations. Prior to this, he spent 8 years with VMware, most recently as Vice President, Product Marketing, Cloud Infrastructure Offerings.
- Dhivya Suryadevara has been appointed Chief Financial Officer. Suryadevara previously worked for the General Motors Group for 16 years, most recently as Chief Financial Officer.
The Project Foundry, a professional process, project, technology and change management services provider, has appointed Aaron O’Brien as Chief Commercial Officer. Prior to this, he worked with Gartner for 3 years and previously had his own consultancy business, BroadReach International.
Three UK have appointed Mark Redmond as Chief People Officer in addition to his role with Three Ireland. Redmond has held this role with Three Ireland since 2007. Prior to this, he was HR Manager with PayPal.
Virgin Media Ireland has announced the appointment of Paul Higgins as Vice President Commercial. Higgins has worked for Virgin Media for 6 years, most recently as Director of Consumer. Prior to this, he worked with TalkTalk Business as Marketing Director.
VR Education, a Waterford based company, which develops virtual reality training & educational content, has announced 2 appointments:
- Praveen Gupta to its Board of Directors. Gupta is Vice President – Corporate Investments and Development at HTC, based in San Francisco.
- Dr Harry Kloor as Non-Executive Director. Kloor is Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of the robotics company Beyond Imagination.
Wells Fargo Bank have appointed Gervaise Slowey as Non-Executive Director. Slowey is also NED at Ulster Bank and Easons. Prior to this, Slowey was Chief Executive Officer at Communicorp and worked with Ogilvy & Mather.
William Fry has announced 2 appointments:
- Ronan Shanahan as Partner. Shanahan joined the firm in February 2020 as Corporate Solicitor. Prior to this, he worked with Arthur Cox for 9 years.
- Sonya Manzor as Head of Tax. Manzor has been with the firm for 15 years, most recently as Tax Partner.
Zeus Group has appointed Keith Ockenden as Group Chief Executive Officer. Ockenden joined the company in 2019 as Group Managing Director. Prior to this, Ockenden was Commercial Director with Mole Valley Farms for 13 years.
Zurich Life Assurance plc has appointed Gerry Fitzpatrick as Independent Non- Executive Director. Fitzpatrick previously worked with Deloitte for 35 years, most recently as Partner.